I love burritos, but when I eat one I feel like I am carrying a food baby. These burrito bowls ditch the tortilla but don’t skimp on flavor. I make these ahead and eat them throughout the week.
2 c white jasmine rice
1/2 c cilantro chopped
1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbs cumin
1 can black beans
1 can corn or frozen corn
1 c mexican blend cheese
salsa, tomato, sour cream, & guacamole
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stove adding cilantro, onion, garlic, and cumin.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and corn.
- Combine the cooked rice, black beans, and corn in a large bowl.
- Divide 1/2 C of the rice, beans and corn combo into (4) containers.
- Top with cheese.
- Add sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, and salsa when serving.
Makes 4 servings. You can always wrap a tortilla for an instant burrito–it’s just the fillings of one anyway!