1. Egyptian Koshary. This is a food item popular in Egypt. It is made from macaroni, lentils, rice, spices like pepper and cumin, chickpeas, and a spicy tomato sauce topped with fried onions. It was delicious and handmade by my friend who is from Cairo. I love Egypt and it was a real treat eating some authentic food with good friends!
2. Bison Burgers. Eating protein is a great way to ground your energy after doing any spiritual work. The other day, I just knew I needed some good grounding, so I went to one of our local diners and ordered a bison burger. From then on, I’ve been craving them. So, I picked up some ground bison and made burgers at home too. Bison is leaner than hamburger. I think it tastes better too.
3. The BFG. This stands for the Big Friendly Giant. This movie was so wonderful and the special effects were so cool. The end made me cry a little because it was so sweet. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with a Big Friendly Giant?
4. Fruit Salad. Oooh tis the season for Melons and strawberries. I cut up a whole cantelope and musk melon. Then strawberries, and pineapple (pre-cut) to make a deeeelicious fruit mix. The musk melon I got this time was particularly yummy. So good!
5. Meal Planning: I have a dry-erase board on my fridge that has the days of the week printed on it. I use this dry-erase board to write down breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I don’t make a lot of things ahead of time. I just look at what I have on hand and then go from there. Then I go to the grocery store if I need more. Planning my meals out like this has saved me time and money.