1. Metallica’s New Album, “Hardwired . . . To Self Destruct”. bet you didn’t know I listen to metal. I do when I’m angry and need to be angry for awhile. I’ve had some things happen that were outside of my control the past week and I was, well, pissed off. Metal is kinda like classical music to me, but with kick-ass guitar solos. I can have it on in the background and get shit done. Anyway, Metallica’s new album is great. I particularly like the first single, “Atlas, Rise!”. These guys know what their doing. The Pandora station Classic Metal is also . . .well, classic.
2. Pandora Plus. Seriously, it’s worth the $5 not to hear ads every time I want to skip a song. I also noticed they play a larger variety when you go Plus.
3. The movie “Captain Fantastic” on Amazon Prime. This movie deals with the harder issues life throws at us with grace and humor. This is one of the best movies I’ve seen in quite some time. It’s about a family that lives off the grid and what happens when modern life interferes. I love how the father, played by Viggo Mortensen, not only shows his children how to think critically about things like literature, but he also teaches them how to think for themselves. I would HIGHLY recommend this movie.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bars. Quest bars are the best bars and I really like this flavor. It really tastes like cookie dough if cookie dough was low sugar and 21 grams of protein. Um. Yum and yes please.
5. Iced Tea. It’s Spring and it’s back on the list. Drink some.