1. Chandrika Sandal Soap. This is, in my opinion, the best soap EVER. I first found this gem in the wellness section of a grocery store in Bozeman, MT. I now order it from Amazon Prime (of course). It smells like sandalwood. It’s very boho. You are going to smell like a hippie, but not a patchouli hippie, more like a sandalwood earth goddess hippie-ish person. The smell might not be for everyone. ANYWAY . . . This stuff is gentle enough to use on my face AND it is the only fragranced soap I have ever found that doesn’t make my skin freak out with eczema. I get that shit bad. I think that’s because it is only made with cococnut oil and extracts from sandalwood. It is also free from animal fat. Whatever their doing, it’s magic for my skin, plus it smells divine.
2. Hard Boiled Made Eggs in the Oven. Put them in a muffin tin so they don’t roll around. Bake them for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Viola! No boiling! Easy, peasy portable protein.
3. Reiki (for animals & people). Reiki is energy healing and it works (for me and my pets). I get it. It’s not for everyone. What is Reiki? Here’s what reiki.org has to say, “Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.” Here’s what I have to say about it: combined with regular therapy, a healthy lifestyle, abstaining from substances, mediation, and getting enough sleep I am healthier than I’ve ever been–knock on wood. It’s also worked wonders for my cat, Bella, who still has pain because some asshat shot her with a pellet gun two years ago. If you are interested in people-Reiki I go to a fabulous energy healer, Tobias Healing Arts, and for animal distance healing Reiki I use Jamie’s services.
4. Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies. Um. Something happened. Life gave me lemon Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies and I didn’t make lemonade. Instead, I ate the crap out of them. They are fantastic. Make a Girl Scout smile too. Buy some.
5. Sleep. Do you think that I would be able to get all this crap done if I didn’t get enough sleep at night? God no. And when I don’t I’m a grumpy, discombobulated and grumpy. Oh wait, I already said that. I’m not talking about sleeping-in. I’m talking about quality 7-8 hours here. I’m pretty sure sleep is the most important thing in my life. Well, sleep and then coffee. Coffee literally gets me out of bed in the morning. I can’t imagine what it must be like having kids or babies, but try and get enough sleep. It really is an investment–a really, really valuable one.