1. Joni Mitchell Mornings. I used to listen to Mitchell when I would get ready for the day in college. I had her greatest hits CD and I would listen to it every morning. Now I just play her station from Amazon Prime. Oh how the times have changed. I love me some chill folk music and coffee in the mornings.
2. The Minimalists. This is a Netflix documentary. I watch a lot of Netflix and I’m not ashamed of it. I also do a lot of other shit too. So, Netflix is my guilty pleasure. (Okay, Netlfix guilt rant over.) Anyway, this doc is pretty good. I think they have a good idea here, but I think it is a little hypocritical that they are promoting a book–you know, another thing to acquire, but I get it. The doc reminded me how much I love trying to live the minimalist lifestyle.
3. Epsom Salt Baths. Taking a bath with Epsom salt is really, really important for me. It literally detoxes my energy field and helps me relax. I should buy stock in Epsom salt. I go through a lot. It’s okay, though. It’s pretty inexpensive and you can get it at places like Walmart and Walgreens. I can really tell the difference in my day to day life if I am taking time each day for self-care and that makes me more able to be present for those in my life as well as myself. Speaking of self care . . .
4. 5 Minute Meditations. I like to think that meditation is for my energy/health just as going to the gym is for my body/heath. I’m telling you, all you need is 5 minutes a day to be present. Meditation isn’t about self-improvement. Meditation is about being present and being still, taking that time for you. If you don’t know where to start, search “5 minute meditations” on Youtube. It’s okay if you miss a day of meditation, kinda like if you miss a day at the gym, the results will still be there from all the time you invested before. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Get still. Be well. 5 minutes. That’s it. Start there.
5. White Fir Essential Oil by Doterra. I work in a library with a bagel shop. There are a lot of smells. Sometimes I want to smell trees and not carbs. LOL. So I have a wax melter in my office and in addition to the wax I also add drops of White Fir essential oil by Doterra. I love this stuff. It literally smells like a forest. Find yourself a rep and get you some tree scented oil.