1. Ginger Peach Iced Tea from City Brew. You guys, I like a local coffee shop just as much as the next guy, but I’m not too hipster to go to a chain once in awhile. Especially when the drive thru at the local coffee shop is about 6 cars deep and I’m on my lunch break and my air conditioning is out. Okay. Rant over. The ginger peach iced tea from City Brew is amaze-balls. Speaking of balls . . . #2.
2. Whoppers Candy. They’re malted milk balls of chocolate goodness. Whoever thought to make a candy that tastes like a chocolate malted milk shake was a genius. Get some at a gas station near you.
3. “Things I’d Like To Do With You” by Waylon Lewis. This guy . . . very reminiscent of Blake, Wordsworth, and even Shakespeare’s sonnets. From a non-literary perspective, his writing is romantic but realistic and oh, so many feeeeeels. It reads like a love letter to the world-past, present and future. Like a good cup of coffee, this book is meant for savoring. I’m still working my way through it-one relaxing tub soak and quiet evening at a time. I never thought I would spend $35 bucks on an eco book, but I’m VERY GLAD I did. I’m so grateful for such a beautiful writer who has gifted the world with this treasure.
4. Mindfulness. I think this has been on the list before, but I learned a little more about it this week. I took a mini seminar through work all about mindfulness. I never thought about it like this (which is weird) but meditation is kinda like going to the gym and mindfulness (being in the present moment) is the result. Cool, right?
5. Suicide Squad. Not a fan of the movie, but it makes the list nonetheless because I learned a very important lesson about myself this week and I like that. I’m not a Harley Quinn fan anymore and I thought she was really cool . . . until I dug a little deeper behind her toxic/abusive relationship with the Joker. Nope. Moving on!