1. Throat Coat Tea. So I had the worst sore throat and a fever this week. Awesome. I had to take a day off from work and everything. I drank a ton of this tea. It works so well on a sore throat. It has marshmallow root, slippery elm, and licorice and it really does coat the throat. I don’t even use cough drops anymore–just this tea and some honey does the trick every time.
2. Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish in “Up In Charms”. This is the perfect shade for the perfect French manicure. I also wore it without the french tips too. I like the shade and the staying power of the gel-like finish. Great drugstore (Walgreens) find!
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam. I’ve been letting my natural curls fly lately. I’ve been trying really hard to avoid any heat on my hair. This means I must condition, condition, condition. I’m using Dove shampoo and conditioner in the shower and then a leave-in plus this John Frieda Dream Curls product. I love this stuff. It leaves my hair soft and natural–not crunchy. I just pump about three times, scrunch, DON’T TOUCH (the cardinal sin of all naturally curly haired gals) and air dry. It’s working. I would highly recommend this product. It was about $8. It’s worth the equivalent of 2 lattes.
4. Morning Star Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches. So, I’m trying to eat vegetarian, which is difficult when you live in the Midwest. I want to go full-on vegan, but I digress, small town Midwest. Perhaps someday I will live in an area where vegan fare is readily available. As for now, I do what I can. And these breakfast sandwiches are delicious especially if you add some spinach. Awww yes.
“My cathedral is the Badlands . . .” -Chasing Twisters
5. Delta Rae. I am very into this band right now. I love the songs “Chasing Twisters“, “Run“, “I Will Never Die“, and “If I Loved You” which features Lindsay Buckingham. This is a great band with an epic sound.