Not for me. I’ve been out of college for nearly a decade.
I just work here–at a university library, that is. Anyway, I manage about 20 work study kids at the Circulation desk and this is what I wrote to them and I thought I would share it because this pretty much applies to stress in general:
FINALS ARE HERE!
Remember to . .
- Stay hydrated with the good stuff, not just caffeine. Drink plenty of WATER! Add lemon to make it refreshing.
- Focused breathing really helps. A good trick: Inhale and stop half-way. Inhale the rest of the way. Stop. Exhale and stop half-way. Exhale the rest of the way. Inhale deep. Exhale deep. Repeat.
- Get enough sleep. For reals. I know it is hard and it seems impossible during finals, but your brain and body needs rest! I can almost guarantee you a few grade points higher if you get enough sleep.
- Eat good stuff. It’s a no-brainer, but eating good food fuels your body and your brain. This doesn’t mean you can’t have pizza, just make sure you are eating fruits and veggies too. Balance is key.
- MOVE. Listen to good tunes, go out for a 10-minute walk, go to the gym, or . . .dance in your room. Sing in the shower. Turn the music up and get your stress out!
YOU GOT THIS.