Living The Dream

pablo (14)

I recently heard the classic song “Imagine” by John Lennon and I thought to myself, “If there was a song that described my life philosophy, it’s totally this one.”

Imagine all the people / Living for today

Right now I am going to get all new age-y on you: Mindfulness WORKS. What is mindfulness, you ask? Mindfulness is living your life in the present moment. Mindfulness and meditation go hand in hand.  I read somewhere that 90% of what we worry about never happens in the first place, and the other 10%, well, you couldn’t have done anything about that stuff anyway, so: Be. Here. Now.

Imagine no possessions / I wonder if you can

Moving my life three states and nearly eight hours away, really got me thinking about possessions. I realized just how much crap I had. It was silly. I drove to Montana in 2000 with a Honda Accord full of stuff and left in 2011 with a flatbed trailer and my Chevy filled to the brim. I got rid of so much stuff, which was liberating, but I could still probably do without half the crap I kept . . . I am envious of those who can pick up and leave at a moment’s notice.

Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion too

I am not a religious person. I am a very spiritual person and there are simply some things that are unquestionable in my book: you get what you give, if you come from a place of negativity, greed, anger, revenge, hurt, etc., you are just going to attract this back into your life. Pray often, give thanks every day, meditate, live fearlessly, laugh, smell the flowers whenever you can, drink good ass tea, and BE LOVE BABY. BE LOVE.

You may say I’m a dreamer / But I’m not the only one


2 thoughts on “Living The Dream

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: